PRODUCT SUPPORT ENGINEER
Cyber Security is a big deal. It's in the news, growing rapidly, a critical tool for every company, and our specialty. My Client is a leading provider of data and application security solutions that protect business-critical information in the cloud and on-premise. Our customers include leading enterprises, government organizations, SMBs and service providers who rely on our coveted solutions to securely deliver their websites and applications at lightning speed.
Why choose my Client? They have experienced the following growth and achievements
- They have over 6,200 customers
- 500 partners in 100+ countries worldwide
- Their Web Application Firewall has been in the Leader's Quadrant of the Gartner Magic Quadrant for 4 straight years
- They are a leader in the Forrester Wave for DDoS Services with the highest score in the "current offering" category
We are the leader in Data Security, is looking for a Product Support Engineer to join the Global Customer and Product Support Team, to be located at our Plano, TX office. .
This is a key role with my client. As a Product Support Engineer, for our diverse and industry leading customers, you will be part of the Global Support Team working alongside our exceptional team of professionals in Product Support, Engineering, QA and Sales Security Engineering (SE). Also working with Partners, you will be responsible for incoming Level-2 and 3 support calls from our customers in the US and resolving the technical issues from beginning through completion---total account management. We are looking for people who want to grow in their career, as my client develops and grows many of its leaders and management from within.
- Handling level 2-3 support cases, working directly with customers, partners and Sales Engineers.
- Escalating customer's technical product issues to their Engineering department and working with them to achieve a resolution.
- Analyzing Support case trends and customer requirements while working with the Product Teams to help enhance the product.
- Assessing the customer's technical environment and requirements while managing expectations and following through on solutions or consulting on deployments.
- Mentor Level 1 Engineers; consult on their cases and assist with escalation issues.
- Be proactive with all the latest technologies concerning products and the underlying technologies and disseminate this knowledge to the other engineers.
- Contribute to knowledge base, writing guides, technical how-to articles, etc.
- Minimum 3 years of high-level Technical Support experience with an additional 2 years of experience working with Security or Network related products.
- Excellent Customer Support skills coupled with a BSCS Degree or equivalent experience.
- Solid experience working with Internet Security and Networking Technologies such as TCP/IP, HTTP, Load balancers, Proxies and Firewalls and experience with Relational Databases ( MsSQL, Oracle, MySQL, DB2).
- Prior experience with Linux and other Unix operating systems.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Well-organized with the ability to multi-task and prioritize with minimal supervision.
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong sense of customer commitment.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand and communicate concepts quickly, succinctly and accurately.
- Demonstrated aptitude for mastering new software applications.
- Experience with a cloud based solution, preferably in the Application security sector
- Experience with implementing and support of AWS and/or an Azure environment
- Strong English communications skills - written and verbal
- Knowledge of a scripting language such as Perl, Python, Shell
- Experience in Software Development or QA of Network/Security/Database products