Senior Security Architect – Retail Banking
Salary: £80-90k + Excellent Benefits Package + Bonus
My client is looking for a Senior Security Architect to join the CISO unit of the bank and drive and lead a team of security consultants with deep technical, architecture and risk management skills who are embedded across the change lifecycle and business functions.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead the security technology consultation, advice on technology options and develops a deep understanding of business and wider IT requirements.
- Define and manage the local security architecture framework including principles, policies, standards, methodologies, tools, and patterns. This will be aligned to the enterprise and global architecture function.
- Ensure the architecture teams apply the framework consistently and in a meaningful way.
- Assuring all solutions and products are evaluated to meet architectural designs and are aligned and optimised to deliver the business goals in a cost effective, scalable and agile way, as well as leading the business and technical engagement to drive adoption of the IT strategy.
- Accountable for the management and governance of IT Architecture assuring compliance with the Architecture Framework, target architecture, promote re-use and assure that the solution is affordable and deliverable.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with business stakeholders, IT & operational teams.
- Extensive experience in design, implementation and operation of large-scale security architecture solutions in a large and complex environment (either within a management consultancy or within the financial services industry) .
- Knowledge of all areas of IT Security, including Identity and Access Management; Single Sign On; Secure communications and network protection; Data protection and privacy; Security Management; Audit; Cryptographic services; and Security Assurance and Maturity Assessment.
- Proven track record of experience in developing and driving the commercial characteristics of security solutions e.g. designing security architecture based on financial targets.
- Experience of designing innovative IT Security technology systems.
- Proven skills and experience balancing the security needs with the business requirements to deliver world-class service to internal and external customers.
- Experience with e-commerce and high volume online systems
- Up-to-date knowledge of cyber and information security trends and threats facing financial services.
- Strong academics, including a minimum of 2.1 degree
- Bonus points for: Security certifications such as CISSP